Planning to go camping at the Coast or in the Cascades this weekend? I’ve got your forecast covered. Same thing if you plan to head east of the Cascades.
- In general this 4th of July Weekend will be mild to slightly coolish (mainly Sunday) around the Pacific Northwest.
- Who is guaranteed dry weather? Anywhere south of Portland west of the Cascades and anywhere east of the Cascade crest & eastern Gorge.
- Who MIGHT see a shower? North Coast, mainly on Sunday AM. Same thing from the metro area north into SW Washington…again on Sunday AM only.
- Afternoon temperatures: 60s at Coast, 70s in valleys, and 80s east of the Cascades
- Varying coverage of morning/midday clouds will continue west of the Cascades
- Expect mainly sunny skies all 3 days anywhere east of the Cascade crest. That also includes the Columbia River Gorge east of Bonneville Dam.
Here are the graphics showing a few more details for each area:
This pattern will continue through the entire week ahead. High temperatures will remain at/below 80 degrees west of the Cascades.
Chief Meteorologist Mark Nelsen